"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Thursday, March 23, 2006

KR finally "gets it"

Interview with an Icon of American M/C racing.

Interview: King Kenny Roberts

Key comment: referring to Honda

It goes back to an old journalist, quite well-known when I was racing. His name was Wilke Rausch. ...he was very influential with the factories in Japan, all of them. And that was his key thing. He said to me one time he liked me, I don't know why. But he said, "Just remember one thing. There's only one motor company in Japan."

I said, "No, you're silly. Yamaha's a motor company."

"No, they're not. There's only one real motor company in Japan. Don't ever forget it." "

Honda all but runs the show, makes the rules, others win almost at Honda's permission.

Suzuki/Kawasaki now merged, parts of larger conglomerates, Yamaha too ... it's symbol is tuning forks.
You won't find Honda ships or pianos...

No comments: