"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hybrid-Car Tinkerers Scoff at No-Plug-In Rule

The New York Times > Business > Hybrid-Car Tinkerers Scoff at No-Plug-In Rule

Snake oil time

I have enough of a hard time keeping a battery "alive" through the winter in my scooters

So I really want to load up my car with a bunch of batteries ...
Then, when, not if, I crash (BTW been a long time since last one, but who knows) I really want that mess.

Sorry, but right now, tell me about the physics of hauling around a bunch of lead, and how that is efficient use of energy.

Granted, once you get rolling, you should continue rolling, but to stop and turn?

OK, lets get past the vechile dynamics, what is the Electric Company charging for the "plug in"
Where does the electricity come from?
Coal?
Gas?
Nukes?

No comments: