"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Friday, August 24, 2007

Ahead of the Curve

Did a little back checking to see what I might have posted before.
While I don't post much on the markets in this blog, at least unless the markets get "interesting" ... I did post the following back on Feb 15 '06

Won't claim to be prescient on the current troubles, but the thread is there.

Posted to BusinessWeek

Looney Dunes: Bada Bing - I agree on the concept:

"Markets are NOT rational, but emotional. Patterns change, players change (both the players themselves and what they pay attention to). Anybody remember M1? M2? This is why trading was fun, as well as, mostly profitable while I was doing it. Now I’m just a long term investor. I always viewed the markets as a large experiment in mass psychology. Trade on the basis of how you expected the market to react to news. I have argued that “Rocket Science” does not work on the street. Engineering models are “brittle” and prone to failure when exogenous variables are introduced. They work for a while, but eventually fail."

No comments: