"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Conundrum

So...
Shirley gave me this great GPS dashtop for Christmas, and I've had fun with it.
Still a lot of features to learn and explore.

But here goes the conumdrum:

There is a voice direction feature, with a pleasant "woman's" artificial voice (note that the Air Force found that a woman's voice got a pilot's attention, wonder if they have done further research on women pilot's). Anyway, running errands in town the other day, she (Shirley) wanted me to toggle on the voice directions. OK, but then she wanted me to take a "shortcut" to get home.

I now had two "women" giving conflicting driving directions...every few blocks.
A pair of "front seat drivers" ... what's a man to do?

Needless to say, Shirley won.
But I've yet to find the "easy off" toggle to the GPS voice.

No comments: