"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A giggle

Martha "lays bare" (whoops, not sure of the imagary there) the "truth" about "Reality TV" ... about as real as daytime soaps.

Note that in both Apprentice shows, there appears to be a situation where the "contestants" live in the same "dorm" for the entire taping, just that the loosers are edited out, and that there is an "open bar" policy (to help build "tension")




Martha Stewart: "I Consider Myself A Visionary Still": "A big part of your reintroduction to the public has been two TV shows that launched this year: The Apprentice: Martha Stewart and Martha. Which has been more satisfying to you?
It's unusual for me to take a job like The Apprentice, and it was just a job. I got paid a fee. I have no participation in the show. Generally, we're the originators. But I did it because I knew it would be a jump-start, and it would get attention.

You're getting close to the conclusion.
Yeah, we're getting close to which of those inappropriate contestants we are actually going to have to hire. I can't believe people behave like that. They're exhibitionists and opportunists, those kids. I did not choose them either, by the way. I just want you to know I had nothing to do really with the choice of the contestants. That's part of reality television.

How is your relationship with Donald Trump?
I would not say we were close friends, but we are friendly to one another. I always like people who are themselves. Donald is himself. You see it on TV. He's the same person on TV that you know in person -- the same guy. He's not an actor. He's not a fake. And his hair really is horrible. When I get close to him, I just want to [get] the scissors. But he's a nice guy, and his wife is really nice. All his other wives are really nice, too. He didn't know about me coming on [with a new version of] The Apprentice. This was as big a surprise to him as it was to me, that he wasn't leaving."

No comments: