Chief Scientist Werner Dahm says could provide disproportionate advantage for the Air Force
The new U.S. Air Force Technology Horizons study contains a list of 30 “potential capability areas”. The top 10 are:
- Inherently intrusion-resilient cyber-systems.
- Automated cyber-vulnerability assessments.
- Decision-quality prediction of behavior.
- Augmentation of human performance.
- Constructive environments for discovery and training.
- Adaptive, flexibly autonomous systems.
- Frequency-agile spectrum utilization.
- Dominant-spectrum warfare operations.
- Precision navigation/timing in GPS-denied environments.
- Next-generation, high-bandwidth communications.
Aviation Week & Space Technology (July 19, 2010 issue)