"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sense of purpose



Charlie Rose Talks to the Carlyle Group's David Rubenstein - BusinessWeek:

"What do most people say on their deathbed? They don't say, I wish I'd made more money. What they say is, I wish I'd spent more time with my family and done more for society or my community. So I'm now 60 years old. And I'm doing what I call sprinting to the finish. I'm very concerned that if I slow down and retire, my immune system will relax, and all of a sudden the germs will come in and I'll die at 61. I want to accomplish much more than I did in my previous 60 years because I now have the resources, the access, to do things I couldn't do before. I'm actually more heavily scheduled than I was before, and I love what I'm doing."

No comments: