"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Winner

The image “http://www.laguna-seca.com/UserFiles/Image/Nicky-Hayden.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Shots are from last July when Nicky won at Laguna Seca (US MotoGP venue)


Finished 3rd yesterday at Valencia to score enough points for the World Championship.
Nice deal for a nice kid from Kentucky.

Honda Press Release :
Honda On Hayden

HONDA RACING INFORMATION:
Nicky Hayden MotoGP World Champion:

The 'Kentucky Kid' is now the 2006 MotoGP World Champion. Nicky Hayden has taken on the best riders in the world and triumphed in what has been a gruelling 17-race season spanning the globe - the toughest task in motorcycle racing.

But here at Valencia, Spain the 26-year-old has achieved his life ambition and taken the greatest prize in two-wheel racing.

At the end of an emotional day Nicky said. "When you dedicate your life to something and the dream comes true it feels so good. This is a proud day for me, the team and my family. I want to thank everybody back home and I hope they're partying back there in Owensboro. When I went down at the beginning of the Estoril race I thought the dream was over but I just didn't give up. Anything can happen in racing and you just keep fighting until the end. I just believe good things happen to good people and this is a great day for me. I swear on the warm-up lap this morning I was riding round in front of a full house here and I had tears in my eyes because I knew this was the chance of a lifetime and I had to go for it. I've felt all year that this was my year - even at Estoril when Elias beat Rossi I believed it. I knew that, win or lose, I was going to sleep well tonight because I was gonna give it my all today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is generally considered good form to request permission before linking to images on someone's site, or download the image yourself and host it from your own site.

I would suggest you take the latter course of action and host the image yourself.