"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Friday, February 06, 2009

Getting further behind the curve

I've barely moved to Facebook (aka more fun than TV in the dead of winter, will you love me in September)
Now Twittering the State of the State...

Poynter Online - E-Media Tidbits:

"I even noticed tweets in this stream from a few journalists. One of them told me the experience definitely strengthened his reporting giving him a feel for how people were reacting to a very critical speech to a very economically depressed state 'It was a lot more fun than just watching it on TV and the interaction with friends and colleagues made it even better. But I think journalists basically fear oppose denigrate or can t understand the value of social networking like Twitter. It s a shame.' But he gave a nod to our tech-savvy governor: 'You have to hand it to Granholm for having an active tweet.' ...I m still wondering if this is journalism or simply very cool civic engagement. I certainly can t figure out how to monetize such an experience."

1 comment:

lakelady said...

here's another Michigan twit, er...er

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003026945&referrer=js