"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Feeling Old(er)

First, because all of these start in the 60's and 70's
Fark ... I tend to think much of the great (Rock) was done by the 80's
Dates me!

I'd likely drop the no repeats rule, like use Yardbirds, Cream and Clapton solo's
Would also layer in a bunch of Jazz, some "folk", blues, bluegrass, C&W

An Album For Each Year Of My Life

"There’s a new meme traversing the Internet. It involves compiling a list of albums (long play records) for each year of your life. In my case there’s 36 years of albums to choose from, going all the way back to 1972. One further rule is that you’re not allowed to pick an artist/band more than once: so no picking Prince for Purple Rain in 1984 and also for Sign O’ The Times in 1987."

More:

I'm likely closest to Werner:
An Album for Each Year - All Things Distributed
CTO for Amazon

I would get to reach back to stuff like this (I would get to push back a bit more ...)
Birth of the Cool - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No comments: