"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Monday, June 09, 2008

Wild life

First off, headed to a meeting yesterday and moving along, speed limit (55) on M-72
Some woods, mostly farmland when I spotted a brown blur to my left, just about the A-Pillar of the Jeep.
Followed by a thump
Wow
Checked mirror - and a big white-tail, maybe buck, but too early in season to tell
Whoomped the left rear quarter
Saw the deer flailing about off to the shoulder
Stopped and got out
Deer had made to the treeline - may survive, may not
No real damage as it was a glancing blow
Some saliva, mud smear (shot taken this evening)



First serious deer hit for me

Then tonight, headed home from Glen Arbor, about 8:30PM

Big, healthy Black Bear sauntering off the road into the woods
Only have my phone camera, so you really can't make him/her out
But he/she is sitting just off the road, in the bushes

My guess 200+lbs
I was NOT going to get out for a closer shot!


Time to get back to keeping a camera in the car!

No comments: