"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Doc

Doc's birthday
The Doc Searls Weblog

And although Doc may complain about age(we both just turned 60) my advice is to not let it get ya down.

This post in part from attending a wedding yesterday, and news that a younger relative just got his pacemaker.

Some of my friends are looking "older", some have even passed away, but I don't really feel all that much older myself.

Sure, a few more aches, but nothing insurmountable.

A bit different "perspective", a bit less patient with lame thinking, but much more patient in letting projects evolve.

I find myself more inclined to think in terms of decades than when I was younger.

Besides 60 is the new 40 (or so)

And you don't have to change your play-list, Stone's & Dylan, Miles, Monk & 'Train, Hall & Evans, no Guy Lombardo.

You'll wake up in a couple of days, and notice that you don't feel any different, just a few of those aches and pains. But that's what Tylanol is for.

I may spice up my food a bit more, turn up the TV volume a bit, but I find that I drive less with my glasses on ... go figure.


6o down, 60 to go ...

No comments: