"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Monday, April 02, 2007

Back on VRM topic

Got home last night/late afternoon just as we got some good rain/wind
About half an hour later, just as we'd finished unpacking, power went out.

Couple hours later, set up generator, and run to "Art's" (Tim is smart and has big generator... everybody knows there's a hot meal and cold beer at Art's) for supper.

Around 8-8:30 I call our electric company to get an idea about when to expect power back on.

Well, the robo-voice passed me off to a "real live person" because we've consolidated all of our accounts.

Lame-o can't find our address, multiple "please spell your last name", "please repeat your phone number" queries.

I pointed out that the whole damn area was out, but he thought we were in Bay City, not Maple City ... come on...
Simple: I enter my phone number for the robo-voice, you DON'T need MY particular address, there are Consumer Power trucks out on the road!!!
Just tell me what your system has for anticipated power restoration...

And for what it's worth, there is info on the web (without power, how do I get to the the damn web?)

No comments: