"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Spectacular Solar Sight

Not sure what it's called and I don't think I've ever seen one before.
Late afternoon, high cirrus clouds, modest "ring" or halo around the sun and then this "reverse rainbow"



Sun is to the lower left in this shot and there is a hint of the halo just to the lower left.

Shot below is closer to the sun (lower left) more of the halo



Then below is example of a piece of the refraction or iridescence or sun dog
I just decided to catch the reflection in the lake


For this shot, sun is headign towards setting off to the right of the frame.

If I can get the images into Canon's photo software, I can stich a few together to pull the images (halo and "reverse rainbow") together.

Shots were around 4:50 on Fri Oct 21st

No comments: