"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's all about looks

Or, don't try to confuse me with facts...

About Honda vs Toyota

Prius Envy: Honda to Introduce New Hybrid - Newsweek :
"Peter Kessner, a devout environmentalist, bought a Honda Civic hybrid four years ago to show everyone that he wants to save the planet. The only problem: no one noticed, since, other than the hybrid badge on the trunk, it looked like a regular Civic. So he traded it in for a Toyota Prius. Suddenly, strangers began stopping him on the street to ask about his hybrid, with its space-age styling and miserly mileage. 'That's a big part of why I bought the Prius,' says the Floral Park, N.Y., retiree. 'It opens up conversations, and I push my theory that we've got to do our best to conserve.' The Honda, on the other hand, didn't deliver what Kessner craved: green street cred. 'If I'm driving a hybrid,' he says, 'I want people to know it.'"

No comments: