"History is a wonderful thing, if only it was true"
-Tolstoy

Friday, July 01, 2005

Podcasting

I finally understand podcasting - megnut.com

" As much as I love to express myself on this site, I couldn't picture myself making audio posts available for download. And as much as I enjoy reading many other sites, I couldn't imagine listening to people talk about breakfast or parking their cars. I've never been able to test my podcast assumptions because I've been using a dial-up internet connection for a large chunk of this year, but now I think I finally get it.

Podcasting isn't (just) about listening to your friends talk about their day on your iPod. It's about time-shifting: being able to download and listen to programs when you want, e.g. four episodes of Fresh Air while you're cleaning your house."

Meg's comments triggered a "flashback"
Late 60's (dating myself here) and did a "term paper" for a philosophy class.
Professor was pretty esoteric himself so I chose to take a tape recorder, drive around for a couple of hours and "free associate". I don't recall much other than I did talk (ramble was likely more accurate description) about the characters and their "lives" in various Marvel Comics.

No comments: